Pet Travel Scheme at Gloucestershire Airport
Weston Aviation is exclusively approved to accept domestic pets into Gloucestershire Airport under the EU Pet Travel Scheme (PETS). PETS enables domestic cats, dogs and ferrets to fly into the UK from certain countries without quarantine, subject to passing required checks.
Approved operators can now fly owners with their pets directly into Gloucestershire Airport for clearance by Weston Aviation staff, and pets can also be cleared for onward travel elsewhere in the UK.
PROCESS and REQUIREMENTS
Our dedicated team will process the paperwork and check pets on their arrival into Gloucestershire Airport from our dedicated airside ramp located directly outside our hangar.
The pet’s passport, micro-chip and vaccination documentation will be checked on board by the team in the cabin, and once the paperwork has all been checked and stamped as required, the pet is free to disembark.
Applications to enter a pet into the UK under the regulations of the PETS scheme must be sent to our pet’s team at least 24 hours before flight departure to the UK, without exception.
To ensure the pet is cleared, the following requirements must be adhered to:
- The pet has an EU pet passport or official Third Country veterinary health certificate
- The pet is microchipped or has a tattoo implanted prior to 3rd July 2011
- The pet has a current rabies vaccination
- At least 21 days has passed since it was vaccinated
- The pet has been treated against tapeworm. (In case of dogs, 24- 120 days prior to entry)
- The microchip number, rabies vaccination and tapeworm treatment must be recorded in the EU pet passport or official Third Country veterinary health certificate
- *The animal arriving from within the EU, Listed or Unlisted Country
- The operator is authorised to transport animals under the Pet Travel Scheme
*Animals arriving from the Republic of Ireland, Finland, Malta and Norway do not have to travel on authorised carriers or need approval**No pet can enter the UK unless they are 15 weeks old. (12 weeks old plus 21 day wait after vaccination
Incomplete or inaccurate documentation, or issues with the microchip will result in the pet having to return back to the point of origin outside the UK, or held in our Animal Reception Facility pending either transportation to a quarantine facility or a resolution by APHA.